Fixing invalid owners on pg_toast tables in 8.3.5

От Cott Lang
Тема Fixing invalid owners on pg_toast tables in 8.3.5
Дата
Re: Fixing invalid owners on pg_toast tables in 8.3.5  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
We're running 8.3.5 on RHEL4 x86_64.

We removed a user yesterday and were greeted with warnings from pg_dump
this morning. :)

pg_dump: WARNING: owner of data type "pg_toast_80075" appears to be
invalid

The usual archives and google searches produced mainly 8.0 and earlier
incidents and suggested resolving this by re-creating a user with that
sysid.  Since you can no longer specify a SYSID when creating a user
(despite what \h in psql says), we gave ALTER type/table a shot with no
luck.

The owner of the actual table and index is correct, only the type has an
invalid owner. I have thus far avoided the temptation to try a manual
update...

Is there a recommended procedure for resolving this safely?

Since Postgres now prevents you from dropping users owning objects, is
this a bug, or does it fall into a gray area?

Thanks!