Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tristan Partin" <tristan@neon.tech> writes:
> On the buildfarm page[0], it would be nice if more than just the
> compiler versions were stated. It would be nice to have all
> build/runtime dependencies listed.

By and large, we've attempted to address such concerns by extending
the configure script to emit info about versions of things it finds.
So you should look into the configure step's log to see what version
of bison, openssl, etc is in use.

> I know the buildfarm seems to be a volunteer thing, so asking more of
> them seems like a hard ask.

We certainly aren't going to ask owners to maintain such information
manually.  Even if they tried, it'd soon be impossibly out-of-date.
The logging method has the additional advantage that it's accurate
for historical runs as well as whatever the machine has installed
today.