Re: casting in ORDER BY

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: casting in ORDER BY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane píše v ne 15. 02. 2009 v 15:51 -0500:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> > I try to fix foreign_data regression test for Czech locale (HEAD). For
> > example I replaced
> > SELECT * FROM information_schema.user_mapping_options ORDER BY 1, 2, 3,
> > 4;
> > with following statement:
> > SELECT * FROM information_schema.user_mapping_options ORDER BY 1, 2,
> > 3::name, 4;
>
> That means something like '3'::name, ie it's a constant.  You'd need
> to reference the actual column name.

I see, thanks.

>             regards, tom lane
>
> PS: I'm still of the opinion that it's a bad idea to commit to keeping
> all the regression tests independent of whether digits sort before
> or after letters.

It is not about how digits are sort, but if we will support "all" locale
for regression tests or not. Maybe add directory like
regress/expected/cs_CZ and put variant here. It should help to avoid
misinterpretation in case when result is not valid for other locale.
    Zdenek

Сообщение: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf
Сообщение: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf