Re: [patch] fix for regression tests (locale cs_CZ)

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: [patch] fix for regression tests (locale cs_CZ)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane píše v pá 13. 02. 2009 v 16:54 -0500:
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> > I attached fix for regression tests and Czech locale. It is not complete
> > yet, because I fighting with foreign_data test. But it fix three other
> > tests.
>
> As per buildfarm member gothic_moth, this didn't fix it.

It is correct. I fixed three of four problems. Foreign data test has
same problem with number ordering like three previous. However, I try to
fix it different way (casting to name datatype), but I hit some strange
behavior which needs detail examination.

> > The difference is that Czech collation sorts numbers after letters.
>
> I think trying to accommodate that is going to be a permanent source of
> new regression test headaches.  I recommend we revert the patch and agree
> that this is beyond the scope of locale differences that we are willing
> to cater for in the regression tests.

You can find different problem in different locales. I think there is no
choice. Support all or only C. The headaches will be reduced when
collation per column will be develop.

I though add locale specific suffix instead of only number (e.g.
char_cs_CZ.out) could help to keep it under control. Or add subdirectory
for each locale.
    Zdenek