Re: Hot Standby: subxid cache changes

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot Standby: subxid cache changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 09:50 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> It occurs to me that we don't need this patch for hot standby if we
> abuse the main xid array (SnapshotData.xip) to store the unobserved xids
> instead of the subxid array. That one is always scanned in
> XidInMVCCSnapshot. I think we should do that rather than try to salvage
> this patch.

I think my proposal still holds water, but I also think it is probably
time to say OK, let's make this simpler and take the subxid tuning off
line.

We would need to increase the max size of the xip array by
2*max_connections. So an increase of 80kB on normal running, which I can
accept.

Is that the only change you are suggesting to resolve this? I hope so.

Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby: subxid cache changes
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby: subxid cache changes