Re: Two-phase commmit, plpgsql and plproxy

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Two-phase commmit, plpgsql and plproxy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 12:43 +0300, Igor Katson wrote:
> ERROR:  XX000: SPI_execute_plan failed executing query "PREPARE
> TRANSACTION '2pctest'": SPI_ERROR_TRANSACTION

It's probably treating the word PREPARE specially. You can avoid this
problem by using EXECUTE and specifying the command as a string.

> Is there a way to achieve the needed behaviour with two-phase commmit,
> plpgsql and plproxy ?

You can't begin or end a transaction inside a function. If that was
allowed, what would the function do after the transaction was prepared?

I think you need to do PREPARE TRANSACTION separately, somehow. You
might need to modify plproxy to do that the way you want.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis