Re: Killing OIDs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Killing OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 18:01 +0000, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> ----- "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Now I am confused. From the docs I get:

My bad. The docs are obviously correct. I think I was thinking about the
postgresql.conf option.

Joshua D. Drae

> SET WITHOUT OIDS
>
>     This form removes the oid column from the table. Removing OIDs from a table does not occur immediately. The space
thatthe OID uses will be reclaimed when the row is updated. Without updating the row, both the space and the value of
theOID are kept indefinitely. This is semantically similar to the DROP COLUMN process.

> I remember from past posts, that to get rid of the OIDS you can do a 'fake' update on the whole table to reclaim the
space.The case the OP is dealing with he does not want the OID setting to propagate via the dump/restore cycle. The
abovestatement would do that or am I mistaken?

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: rhubbell
Сообщение: postmaster LISTENing on UDP port 32938
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Killing OIDs