Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane píše v ne 08. 02. 2009 v 11:51 -0500:
> Now, if you want to argue that we should get rid of SET WITHOUT OIDS
> altogether, I'm not sure I could dispute it.  But if we have the
> ability to do that ISTM we should offer the reverse too.

By my opinion TABLES with OIDs is obsolete feature. It make sense to
have SET WITHOUT OIDS, because it is useful when people will migrate
form 7.4 to 8.4. But opposite way does not make me sense, because I
think we want to remove OID TABLES in the future. I personally prefer to
say that 8.4 is last version which supports CREATE TABLE ... WITH OIDS.
    Zdenek

Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS