Re: BUG #16190: The usage of NULL pointer in refint.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16190: The usage of NULL pointer in refint.c
Дата
Re: BUG #16190: The usage of NULL pointer in refint.c  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 03:39:36AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> We checked the code in file “refint.c” and there is one error occurring in
>> line 636.

> It could be better to switch all that to not use directly system
> calls, and rely properly on a high-level memory context with
> palloc-like allocations.

Yeah, if somebody wanted to fix this, the right way is to replace
these malloc calls with pallocs.  Some investigation would be needed
about which context to use.

> ... There could be also an argument to just
> remove the module per the lack of attention it is getting, though it
> is still useful as an example of use for SPI, and the docs mention
> it for that.

The regression tests use refint too.  Still, it's not production-grade
code by any means, and I'm not sure if there's much point in making
it so.  I won't stand in the way if somebody else wants to ;-)