Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I disagree; adding every frammish anyone could ever think of is not
> an overall improvement to the system.

:)

> My feeling is that we should be trying to eliminate use-cases for
> cron-driven vacuuming, not trying to make sure that cron-driven
> scripts can do anything autovacuum can.

Agreed. IMO, the user should only have to think about "vacuum" in an
abstract sense. With the exception being those "few" tables that need
the customized configuration (thus reloptions).

> The main remaining use-case seems to me to make vacuuming work adhere
> to some business-determined schedule, hence maintenance windows seem
> like the next thing to do.

Also agreed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Сообщение: Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables
Сообщение: Re: new GUC var: autovacuum_process_all_tables