Re: Pet Peeves?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Pet Peeves?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 22:48 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > - Managing jobs (e.g. - "pgcron")
>
> A number of people have mentioned a job scheduler. I think a job scheduler
> entirely inside Postgres would be a terrible idea.

You probably should explain why you think that rather than just rule it
out, though I don't think we should be editing what people ask for.

We already have autovacuum, which runs VACUUM and ANALYZE to a set
schedule. We could have kept that outside core, but didn't.

It's not too big a stretch to imagine we could redesign autovacuum as a
GP scheduler, with autovacuum as just one/two regular scheduled jobs.