Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I did a fresh 'cvs checkout' just now to make sure I had a good set
>> of files, and was dismayed to discover that a whole bunch of dead
>> subdirectories have reappeared in the CVS tree.

>     Did you use the -P option?  when you checkout, you should do:
>     cvs checkout -P pgsql
>     It gets rid of the 'dead' directories tha way...

OK, but I hadn't been doing that before ... ah, wait, I see it.
In my ~/.cvsrc file I havecvs -z3update -d -P
which means that cvs update gets the -P flag automatically.  So my
old tree didn't have the deadwood because I'd run update against it.

Guess I should add "checkout -P" to .cvsrc.
        thanks, tom lane