Re: Fwd: Re: New 8.4 hot standby feature

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: New 8.4 hot standby feature
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 14:28 -0500, Gabi Julien wrote:
> Could this help? If the logs are smaller then I could potentially afford
> shipping then at a higher frequency.

See if there are times during which the recovery process isn't doing
anything (i.e. just waiting for WAL data). If so, something like this
might help. If it's constantly working as hard as it can, then probably
not.

An important question you should ask yourself is whether it can keep up
in the steady state at all. If the primary is producing segments faster
than the standby is recovering them, I don't think there's any way
around that.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: performance advice needed: join vs explicit subselect
Сообщение: Re: performance advice needed: join vs explicit subselect