Re: some log statements ignored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: some log statements ignored
Дата
Список pgsql-general
brian <brian@zijn-digital.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm betting that's really a Parse protocol message, not a PREPARE
>> statement as such (the 8.1 logging code misguidedly tries to obscure the
>> difference).  The logging of the subsequent Bind/Execute messages is
>> really weak in existing releases :-(.  We've fixed it up for 8.2 though.

> You mean, because the PREPARE .. AS INSERT is different from the actual
> EXECUTE statement that follows it? And the latter isn't flagged as a
> "mod" action?

No, if you were using actual SQL PREPARE and EXECUTE statements via
"simple query" protocol, I think they would both get logged (at least
the current 8.1.5 code looks like it will, not so sure about 8.1.0-4).
The problem is that "extended query" protocol is a different code path
that doesn't have the same logging support.