Re: COMMIT in PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COMMIT in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 03:03:02PM +0300, stefan@extum.com wrote:
>> thanks a lot all for comments. So in PostgreSQL each query is a
>> transaction ?

> If you want them that way. If you want to combine them into one transaction,
> you use BEGIN.

Right; otherwise you get the sort of behavior that some other databases
call auto-commit.

While we can't change this without breaking huge amounts of client code,
there has been talk of offering a parameter setting that could be
changed to support the SQL-standard behavior (which could be thought of
as auto-BEGIN in Postgres terms: any statement implicitly causes a
BEGIN, and then you stay in that transaction until you explicitly say
COMMIT).