Re: MemoryContextSwitchTo (Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: MemoryContextSwitchTo (Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Can we add something to memory contexts to make this fail every time?
>
> No, not really.  AFAICS the reason for Alvaro not seeing it must be that
> on his machine the new transaction happens to allocate its
> TopTransactionContext control block right in the same place where the
> old one was.

Can we put a identifier into header of each control block, an ascending
value that is unlikely duplicate between calls? That way we'd be able to
tell immediately it wasn't the same block, even if it is in the same
place. (In assert mode only, of course).

Сообщение: Re: MemoryContextSwitchTo (Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11)
Сообщение: Re: MemoryContextSwitchTo (Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11)