Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Record full paths of programs sought by "configure".

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Record full paths of programs sought by "configure".
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 08/07/2017 04:07 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sorry, I was imprecise.  What I'm suggesting is that you drop the
>> runtime PATH-foolery and instead put this in configure's environment:
>>
>> PROVE=$perlpathdir/prove
>>
>> Otherwise you're basically lying to configure about what you're going
>> to use, and that's always going to break eventually.

> Hmm, you're saying this should work now? OK, I'll try it when I get a
> minute to spare.

I'm pretty sure it's always worked, at least in the sense that you could
override what configure would put into Makefile.global that way.  I'm not
quite clear on whether providing an exact path to "prove" there is enough
to fix your problem.  If we have any places where we need to invoke the
corresponding version of "perl", then we have more things to fix.

>> Hm, yeah, the IPC::Run test would need to deal with this as well.
>> A PROVE_PERL environment variable is one way.  Or maybe simpler,
>> just skip the probe for IPC::Run if PROVE has been specified
>> externally; assume the user knows what he's doing in that case.

> WFM

OK, I'll go make that happen.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Record full paths of programs sought by"configure".
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Record full paths of programs sought by"configure".