Re: Vacuum and Reindex hangs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Vacuum and Reindex hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 14:32 -0600, Jason Long wrote:
> I don't mean to be a pain either and I mean no disrespect to anyone on
> this list in the following comments.
>
> However, this is about the most anal list ever.

You haven't been to the debian list have you? :).

> I see so many emails on here about people complaining regarding the
> proper way to reply or post to the list.

The basic gist is this. We have to be anal otherwise there is no
conformity to a standard (even if the standard is arbitrary). Without
that conformity it is impossible to be productive on the list.

> I used larger font to point point out my statement from the code.  I
> also did not realize it appeared that large to you.

Right but just as a tip that is really not needed on a technical list.
Your words should be able to convey your meaning without the requirement
of a cosmetic modification. If it can't it would be better to post to a
pastebin or static web page and link a URL.

Just FYI most on this list probably never saw your HTML. They, like I
said have already turned off HTML email.

> Just out of curiosity, why are you so apposed to HTML in a email?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org