Re: MD5 password issue

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: MD5 password issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 18:05 +0100, Andreas Wenk wrote:

> postgres=# SELECT rolname,rolpassword from pg_authid;
>   rolname  |             rolpassword
> - -----------+-------------------------------------
>  postgres  |
>  pgadmin   | plaintext
>  odie      | md5passswwwwooooorrrd
>
> The user odie was created with:
> CREATE ROLE odie LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'feedme';
>
> The user pgadmin was created with:
> $ createuser -a -d -P -N -U postgres pgadmin

Per the help. You need to pass -E to have it be an encrypted (md5 hash)
style password. What version of PostgreSQL is this as I recall all newer
versions do this by default.

Usage:
  createuser [OPTION]... [ROLENAME]

  -s, --superuser           role will be superuser
  -S, --no-superuser        role will not be superuser
  -d, --createdb            role can create new databases
  -D, --no-createdb         role cannot create databases
  -r, --createrole          role can create new roles
  -R, --no-createrole       role cannot create roles
  -l, --login               role can login (default)
  -L, --no-login            role cannot login
  -i, --inherit             role inherits privileges of roles it is a
                            member of (default)
  -I, --no-inherit          role does not inherit privileges
  -c, --connection-limit=N  connection limit for role (default: no
limit)
  -P, --pwprompt            assign a password to new role
  -E, --encrypted           encrypt stored password
  -N, --unencrypted         do not encrypt stored password
  -e, --echo                show the commands being sent to the server
  --help                    show this help, then exit
  --version                 output version information, then exit

Connection options:
  -h, --host=HOSTNAME       database server host or socket directory
  -p, --port=PORT           database server port
  -U, --username=USERNAME   user name to connect as (not the one to
create)
  -W, --password            force password prompt

If one of -s, -S, -d, -D, -r, -R and ROLENAME is not specified, you will
be prompted interactively.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org