Re: Client encoding not the same as the db encoding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Client encoding not the same as the db encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:47:21 am Clodoaldo Neto wrote:
>> In 9.1.3 the client encoding is not defaulting to the db encoding:
>> What am i missing? Regards, Clodoaldo

> My guess this:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/release-9-1.html
> "E.4.3.10.1. libpq

> Add a libpq connection option client_encoding which behaves like
> he PGCLIENTENCODING environment variable (Heikki Linnakangas)
> The value auto sets the client encoding based on the operating
> system locale.
> "

No, probably more this (under "psql")

    * Have psql set the client encoding from the operating system locale by default (Heikki Linnakangas)

    This only happens if the PGCLIENTENCODING environment variable is not set.

I think the idea was to try to match your terminal window's encoding
automatically.