Re: pgsql: Add API functions to libpq to interrogate SSL related stuff.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add API functions to libpq to interrogate SSL related stuff.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
> Add API functions to libpq to interrogate SSL related stuff.

This patch is one large brick shy of a load: it creates exported libpq
functions but fails to ensure they always exist.  That's why jacana is
unhappy; though TBH I'm astonished that any non-ssl-enabled builds
are passing.  Apparently missing library functions are less of a hard
error on Linux than they ought to be.

I think probably the exported functions need to be defined in fe-exec.c
or fe-connect.c, with bodies along the lines of

#ifdef USE_OPENSSL
   call OpenSSL-specific function
#else
   return NULL
#endif

(or whatever's appropriate when no SSL support).  We do want these
functions to exist even in non-SSL-enabled builds.