Re: PANIC: failed to re-find parent key in "100924" for split pages 1606/1673

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: PANIC: failed to re-find parent key in "100924" for split pages 1606/1673
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> val <valiouk@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> > I have a database that refuses to start due to the afformentioned error. I am running POstgreSQL 8.1.11 on a Debian
Etchbox.

> > Jan  5 10:36:29 db2 postgres[17111]: [11-1] PANIC:  failed to re-find parent key in "100924" for split pages
1606/1673

> Hmm ... I wonder if this is telling us that our patch here was
> incomplete?
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-11/msg00004.php
>
> At the time we thought this failure could only occur during _bt_pagedel
> but you have evidently got a case where a split is failing.  It might
> just be garden-variety index corruption, or it might be a real bug.

Did you catch this had occurred during recovery?

Can we downgrade the error from PANIC to LOG please? One corrupt index
shouldn't prevent us from restarting the whole server. Plus, if we have
to use pg_resetxlog to get us out of trouble it isn't going to help much
with diagnosis. We can rebuild indexes once server is up.