Re: Archiving control (a part of synch rep patches)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Archiving control (a part of synch rep patches)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 19:04 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> > (3)
> > Revert the arhive status file of the specified file from .done to .ready.
> > This would try to archive the corresponding xlog file again. The archive
> > status of only skipped xlog file can be reverted.
> >
> > We resume xlog archiving by using (2) and (3), when replication
> > ends.
>
> Umm.. reverting is very tricky, then it might become hotbeds of bugs.
> So, I will reconsider the method of resuming archive.

Yeh, don't do that.

No worries if we send a few files too many. Tears if we miss just one.

* Turn it off for the *next* file to be archived. Keep track of last
file sent.

* Turn it on again, mark *all* WAL files as .ready in sequence low to
high, as long as they are higher than the last file sent.