Re: questions for the patch 'Enable pl/python to return records based on multiple OUT params' during reviewing

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: questions for the patch 'Enable pl/python to return records based on multiple OUT params' during reviewing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 19:03 -0800, Unicron wrote:
> I created a function for testing the patch, but when i run following
> command, the function always raise an exception
>
> select test_in_params('first');
> ERROR:  plpython: function "test_in_params" failed
> DETAIL:  exceptions.NameError: global name 'first' is not defined
>
> here is the script of fucntion
> create or replace function test_in_params(first text)
>    returns text
> as $$
> return first + 'first'
> $$LANGUAGE plpythonu;

what version of postgresql are you are you running

hannu=# create or replace function test_in_params(first text)
hannu-#    returns text
hannu-# as $$
hannu$# return first + 'first'
hannu$# $$LANGUAGE plpythonu;
CREATE FUNCTION
hannu=# select test_in_params('first');test_in_params
----------------firstfirst
(1 row)

Support for named parameters has been in postgresql singce at least 8.2,
maybe 8.1 even.

Hannu