Re: Variadic parameters vs parameter defaults

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Variadic parameters vs parameter defaults
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 19:43 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> That looks like a bug to me.  Anything that you can do with 1 to N items
> should also work for zero.

Previous discussion link:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-07/msg00149.php

You can make either mechanism do what you want by defining the right set
of functions. If a minimum of one argument per variadic parameter is
required, you can work around it by defining an extra function with no
variadic parameter to handle the zero-argument case.

So, although I agree with you, I don't have a strong opinion, and I'm
happy with either.

Regards,Jeff Davis