Re: Lost password

От Johan Nel
Тема Re: Lost password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin,

You need to find the file pg_hba.conf.

Inside of it find the lines showing:
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

Change the md5 to trust, make sure it is only for local host that you do it.

Save the file and restart your postgres server.

Use pgAdmin and connect to the server.  When prompted for a password,
give it an empty password.

Press the SQL toolbar button and run the following script:

ALTER USER <yourusername> SET PASSWORD = 'newpassword'

Edit the pg_hba.conf file again and change the trust back to what it was.

Restart the server.

HTH,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.