Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 21:35 +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> We still could call Sync Rep as a feature "synchronous replication" on
> basis that "WAL Streaming - Synchronous Write" is the highest security
> level achievable using the feature.
>
> And maybe have Sync Hot Standby as a feature on top of that which
> provides "WAL Streaming - Synchronous Apply"

Or maybe better call it Serializable Hot Standby, as the actual
guarantee that can be achieved is that when one client does something on
master and after committing on master starts another transaction on
slave, then the effects of query on master are visible on slave.

Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability   Services, Consulting and Training