Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 01:17 +0200, Liraz Siri wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Dave, that isn't true. In the last six months that page has become a
> > much more clearly defined portal for software "not" postgresql.org. Yes
> > we have always "supported" our partners/sponsors/tertiary projects but
> > never has it been so clearly in your face.
> >
> > Now I am not saying we should change it (basically because I don't have
> > a better answer) but I do think it is important to recognize, publicly
> > the pandering to others we are starting to do.
>
> Naturally I'm biased but I don't see anything wrong with informing users
> of third-party installers or software appliances that might make it
> easier for them to try out pgsql or use it in their environment.

Nor do I. This was more a point about how the page appears to promote
non .Org software over .Org software, which I don't think we should do.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]