Re: autonomous transactions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autonomous transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I plan to reserve judgment on the best way of managing the relevant
> state until such time as someone has gone to the trouble of
> identifying what state that is.

The really fundamental problem here is that you never will be able to
identify all such state.  Even assuming that you successfully completed
the herculean task of fixing the core backend, what of add-on code?

(This is also why I'm quite unimpressed with the idea of trying to
get backends to switch to a different database after startup.)