Re: Why do we define HAVE_GSSAPI_EXT_H?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why do we define HAVE_GSSAPI_EXT_H?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> configure/meson define HAVE_GSSAPI_EXT_H / HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_EXT_H - but
> afaict we don't use those anywhere?

It looks to me like it's just a byproduct of the autoconf macros
we use to verify that you have a sane installation:

if test "$with_gssapi" = yes ; then
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi.h, [],
    [AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi.h header file is required for GSSAPI])])])
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi_ext.h, [],
    [AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi_ext.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi_ext.h header file is required for GSSAPI])])])
fi

There might be a variant of AC_CHECK_HEADERS that doesn't have
the default define-a-symbol action, not sure.

Maybe it's not really necessary to check both gssapi.h and
gssapi_ext.h, but I'm not very familiar with all the variants of
GSSAPI that are out there.