Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 21:51 -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Robert Haas wrote:
>
> > Just let's please change it both places, rather than letting
> > contrib/pgtune be a backdoor to get around not liking what initdb does.
> > And similarly with the other parameters...
>
> Someone running pgtune has specifically asked for their database to be
> tuned for performance; someone running initdb has not.  It's not a
> backdoor,

Right.

>  the defaults for a tuned small system and what comes out of
> initdb have completely different priorities.

IMO the priority of initdb is, "Get the damn thing running"

>   The linking of the two that
> keeps happening in this thread makes no sense to me, and frankly I
> consider the whole topic an off-topic distraction.

Agreed.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

От: "Fujii Masao"
Сообщение: Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code
От: KaiGai Kohei
Сообщение: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)