Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 9:34 AM Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> But just reverting 4cad2534d will make this much worse, I think, as
>> illustrated by the benchmarks I did in [1].

> I share this concern, although I do not know what we should do about it.

Well, it's only June.  Let's put it on the open issues list for v13
and continue to think about it.  I concur that the hashagg spill patch
has made this something that we should worry about for v13, so just
reverting without a better answer isn't very appetizing.