Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 14:05 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> > Fair enough, then make sure you are demoing on a platform that can
> > handle PostgreSQL :)
>
> There are a lot of good reasons for people to be running an instance
> of PostgreSQL on a small machine, running it on a machine with other
> software, or running many clusters of PostgreSQL on a single machine.
> It may not be possible for this tool to generate useful values for all
> of these situations, but it seems to me that should be viewed as a
> limitation of the tool, rather than some moral failing on the part of
> the people with those needs.  Let's cover what we can, document the
> limitations, and avoid any user-hostile tones....

I didn't say don't run on a small machine :) I said make sure you run on
one that is up for the job. There is a difference.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

От: Zdenek Kotala
Сообщение: Re: [patch] pg_upgrade script for 8.3->8.4