Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I got interested by Bruce's plot of PG email traffic here
> http://momjian.us/main/img/pgincoming.gifto
> and decided to try to extend it into the past.  The data I have
> available is just my own incoming mail log, but being a pack-rat by
> nature I have that back to April 1998.  Attached is a graph of Postgres
> list messages per month since then.  I should note that this covers only
> the mail lists I'm subscribed to, which has been most of them since
> about 1999; but the first few numbers in this chart are undercounts by
> comparison.  Also, the very last dot is month-to-date for November and
> so is an underestimate.
>
> So, to a first approximation, the PG list traffic has been constant
> since 2000.  Not the result I expected.

Am I reading your graph wrong? I show a sharp increase right before 2006
and then a small drop off but a constant after that?

I know that my email (I am pretty sure I am subscribed to at least as
many lists as you) has been on a steady incline, especially through
-general and -hackers.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Сообщение: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time