Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 21:40 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> A concern is why you suggested this feature at the last half of the
> November. :(

I gave you my feedback as soon as I read the Wiki article. Even then I
didn't understand some aspects of the patch design, which was
unfortunate. But these things take time.

I would encourage all developers to post a design description of what
their patch does long before they write it. That way this kind of
feedback comes as early as possible.

Please don't worry. You've done a great job and many people would like
to see your work succeed. Getting things right takes time and it really
is worth it in the end.