Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Pl/Perl function: Speed of the First time executing pl/perl function in connection;
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 12:37 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 23:20 +0300, Oleg Serov wrote:
> >
> >> Wee need to use shared memory for passing one BIGINT value(is session
> >> throwout triggers), can you advice the method to get/set it with best
> >> performance ?
> >>

> > have you tried "setval(seq, value)" to set and "select last_value from
> > seq" to read it.
> >
> > or just use a table, if concurrency control is important
> >

> Neither of these would be the same as using plperl's %_SHARED, which I
> gather is what is being done.

He asked for a method to get/set a shared value "with best performance"
and updating a table row seems about twice as fast as calling a plperl
function.

>  But using a temp table would be.

You can't access temp table from several sessions, which is what I think
they want.

Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability   Services, Consulting and Training