Using dblink to connect as non-superuser

От Robert Fitzpatrick
Тема Using dblink to connect as non-superuser
Дата
Re: Using dblink to connect as non-superuser  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I try to use dblink_connect while logged into the database as the
superuser and it returns OK, but if I disconnect and use the same
command as follows, it give and error, password is required. Even if I
try to use the superuser login in the connect string below while
connected as a non-superuser, I get the error...

select dblink_connect('dbname=egroupware user=myuser password=mypass');

Does this mean I have to be connected to the db as the superuser? I
assume not since reading the docs and having the ability to use user and
password in my connection string. I can try the same command as above
with only the dbname while logged in as the superuser and works. All
works fine with superuser, but not any non-superuser. I am trying to
develop a trigger pl/pgsql on this 8.3 server, but the connections to
the db will be from a non-superuser from a web site connection. What am
I doing wrong?

My non-superuser owns both db's. The error hints that the target
server's authentication method must be changed. I have tried to setup
localhost to trust in pg_hba.conf, still no help.

--
Robert