Re: pg_autovacuum causes 'create database' to fail when the

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum causes 'create database' to fail when the
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> ERROR:  source database "template1" is being accessed by other users

> Good description --- not sure what we can do about it.

Sooner or later we'll have to face up to the conflict between using
template1 as the default createdb template and using it as the default
connection target for random scripts like createuser and autovacuum.

The interlock that tries to ensure we have a consistent state of
template1 on disk for createdb to copy is what creates the problem.
And it is not good enough anyway, since there's not any certainty that
someone couldn't connect to template1 and modify it while the 'cp -r'
is in progress.

I suspect ultimately we will have to abandon the use of 'cp -r' for
createdb and do it ourselves, internally.  This may be forced by
tablespace disk-organization issues even before we think of a proper
solution to the interlock problem.