Re: Updating FSM on recovery

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Updating FSM on recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:35 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I wonder if there is merit in having an XLogInsertMulti() which inserts
> multiple records in a batch as a way of reducing WALInsertLock traffic.
> It might be possible to piggyback FSM records onto the main heap
> changes.

Or possibly an XLogInsertDeferred() which just queues up some work so
the next time we call XLogInsert() it will insert the deferred work as
well as the main work all in one lock cycle. It would only be usable for
low priority info like FSM stuff that isn't needed for recovery. Maybe
we could do that with hints also.