Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rework subtransaction commit protocol for hot standby.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rework subtransaction commit protocol for hot standby.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rework subtransaction commit protocol for hot standby.  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 19:37 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I suggest a third version with these changes:
>
> * Write the SUBCOMMITTED to COMMIT transition as a no-op during redo
> rather than as an Assert. This prevents a transition from COMMIT to
> SUBCOMMIT to ABORT. By making it a no-op the attempt to set COMMIT to
> SUBCOMMIT never causes a failure, but it doesn't take place either.
>
> * Disallow SUBCOMMITTED to IN_PROGRESS transition via an Assert.

Even better idea: just use the InRecovery flag. Patch enclosed.

Comments please.

Вложения

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: Any reason to have heap_(de)formtuple?