Re: [HACKERS] Hot Standby utility and administrator functions

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Hot Standby utility and administrator functions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Hot Standby utility and administrator functions  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 11:42 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Monday 20 October 2008 05:25:29 Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I'm looking to implement the following functions for Hot Standby, to
> > allow those with administrative tools or management applications to have
> > more control during recovery. Please let me know if other functions are
> > required.
> >
> > What else do we need?
> >

> Is it possible to give the master/slave knowledge about each other?

Yes, but for what reason?

The project I'm working on is Hot Standby, not streaming replication.
That will link things together better than they are now, so I'd probably
rather not prejudge/duplicate that.