Re: minimal update

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: minimal update
Дата
Re: minimal update  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 14:43 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> There seems to be a preponderance of opinion for doing this as a
> builtin. Here is a patch that does it that way, along with docs and
> regression test.

In your example you use an underscore as the first character. The way
you have done this it will probably exclude any other before row
triggers from firing, which may have altered the value of one or more
columns. The more probable choice for me would be to have a trigger that
came after all other before triggers, and so should have a different
name. It's just an example, so your choice is fine, but I think you
should bring out that point more clearly for the average developer.

Can we call the function "minimal_update_trigger", rather than min_...