Re: Backup strategies

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Backup strategies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 16:05 +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:

> So, pg_start_backup() freezes the data at the time it's called but
> still
> data and xlog are changed, in a different way that's safe to backup?

No, that's not how it works. The pg_start_backup() records the point
that we must rollforward from. There is no freezing.

>  Why
> not run with pg_start_backup() always enabled?

It's not a mode that can be enabled/disabled. Its a starting point.

You should run pg_start_backup() each time you run a backup, just like
the fine manual describes.

Check your backups...

Сообщение: Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Сообщение: Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?