Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
> I notice that all the
> authentication (pg_fe_sendauth()) is done inside PWConnectPoll(),
> which sounds like something that isn't expected to block on network
> access.

That's right.

> Is this behavior important during startup?

You needn't bother to submit a patch that breaks it ;-).  But I don't
really see that it's such a big deal.  You just need some state data to
keep track of what to do the next time you receive a message.  There's
no assumption anywhere that authentication only involves one message
exchange.

> I haven't looked at the corresponding logic on the server side, but
> I'd assume that it forks before we get to this point so it doesn't
> matter.

Correct, we don't need to worry about multitasking apps there.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Index greater than 8k
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Index greater than 8k