Re: Why do index access methods use LP_DELETE?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why do index access methods use LP_DELETE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Why do index access methods use LP_DELETE?

My recollection is that I deliberately used LP_DELETE for the
known-dead-tuple marker so that there couldn't be any confusion with
the use of LP_USED.  AFAIR, LP_USED isn't actually used in indexes,
so we could do it differently if there were another possible use for
the flag bit ... have you got one in mind?