Re: Database file compatability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Database file compatability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> I think all ALIGNOF macros should be checked.

There are no platforms for which ALIGNOF_SHORT is different from 2.
I don't think there are any platforms we care about where ALIGNOF_INT
is different from 4.  The cases of interest are ALIGNOF_DOUBLE,
ALIGNOF_LONG, ALIGNOF_LONG_LONG_INT (note that MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF is
just the largest of these).  In practice "long int" is the same type
as either "int" or "long long int", so ALIGNOF_LONG isn't a distinct
case either.  What it comes down to is that MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF is
sufficient to tell the difference between the platforms we need to
deal with.  If you have a counterexample, tell us about it.