Re: Postgres abort found in 9.3.11

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres abort found in 9.3.11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"K S, Sandhya (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <sandhya.k_s@nokia.com> writes:
> We tried to replicate the scenario without our patch(exiting postmaster) and still we were able to see the issue.

> Same error was seen this time as well.
> node-0 postgres[8243]: [1-2] HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5433? If not, wait a few seconds
andretry.

> node-1 postgres[8650]: [18-1] PANIC:  btree_xlog_delete_get_latestRemovedXid: cannot operate with inconsistent data

> Crash was not seen in 9.3.9 without the patch but it was reproduced in 9.3.11.
> So something specifically changed between 9.3.9 and 9.3.11 is causing the issue.

Well, I looked through the git history from 9.3.9 to 9.3.11 and I don't
see anything that seems likely to explain a problem here.

If you can reproduce this, which it sounds like you can, maybe you could
create a self-contained test case for other people to try?

Also worth noting is that the current 9.3.x release is 9.3.14.  You
might save yourself some time by updating and seeing if it still
reproduces in 9.3.14.