offtopic: Problem initialize postgres DataSource for WebSphere App. Server 6

От juleni@livetrade.cz
Тема offtopic: Problem initialize postgres DataSource for WebSphere App. Server 6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

  I have problem to configure postgers datasource for
WebSphere Application Server 6 (WAS6) from admin console.

  1.) I have configured new JDBC Provider for PostgreSQL as
following:

                       Name: Postgres JDBC Provider
                 Class path: ${UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/postgresql.jar
  Implementation class name: org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.BaseDataSource

  2.) Then I created new 'Data sources (Version 4)' as following:

              Name: DS4Test
         JNDI name: jndi/DS4Test
     Database name: myDB
   Default user ID: myUser
  Default password: myPasswd

  After saving all changes I have try to test connection to the
  database by clicking on button 'Test connection', but following
  exception occured:

  Test connection failed for data source DS4Test on server server1 at node athlonxpNode01
  with the following exception: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.InstantiationException

  When I have try to change 'Implementation class name' property in
  the 'JDBC Provider' definition page to:

  a) org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.SimpleDataSource
  b) org.postgresql.jdbc2.optional.PoolingDataSource
  c) org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3SimpleDataSource

  There was following error occured (the same for each one):

  Test connection failed for data source DS4Test on server server1 at node athlonxpNode01
  with the following exception: java.lang.Exception: DSRA8101E: DataSource class cannot be
  used as one-phase: ClassCastException: org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3SimpleDataSource,
  error code: NOT_A_1_PHASE_DS.

  If anybody know, how to configure WAS6 for PostgreSQL 8 database,
  please let mi know.

  Thank you in advance,
  with best regards,

  Julian Legeny