Re: Flat File unload/export/copy

От Steve T
Тема Re: Flat File unload/export/copy
Список pgsql-novice
Sean,
8.1.10 - I read the docs first (which is a first for me!) before I posted and couldn't see a 'specific' data based row unload. I suppose I can always simply execute the sql and re-direct the output to a file (that just crossed my mind) - I'll try that tomorrow (I think I can unset headings in psql as well - so that will give me a pseudo 'unload/copy' file I think)

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 12:20 -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Steve T <steve@retsol.co.uk> wrote:
> Regina,
> I wasn't aware that you could!
> I just tried and that syntax gave me an error:
> rel_reinsure=# copy (select * from client where name like '%BERT%') to
> '/tmp/stevet.clients';
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 6
> LINE 1: copy (select * from client where name like '%BERT%') to '/tm...
>
> - I can do though:
> rel_reinsure=# copy client (recno,code,name) to '/tmp/stevet.clients';
>
> ... or select all columns, but that is 'too global' and I just want 'WHERE
> name LIKE '%BERT%' type syntax.

What version of Postgres are you using?  The docs for the version can
give you an idea about syntax.

Sean

> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 11:31 -0400, Obe, Regina wrote:
>
> And why can't you use copy?
>
> Something like below -
>
> COPY (SELECT * FROM sometable WHERE somevalue LIKE '%') TO
> '/path/to/textfile.csv'
>
> WITH NULL As 'NULL' CSV HEADER QUOTE AS '"';

Steve Tucknott
ReTSol Ltd

DDI:         01323 488548
Mobile:     0773 671 5772

Сообщение: Re: Flat File unload/export/copy
Сообщение: Re: Flat File unload/export/copy