Re: FK triggers misused?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FK triggers misused?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Andrew - Supernews, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Andrew - Supernews, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
   Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (Stephan Szabo, )
cluster <> writes:
>> So the next question is, what pg version is the original poster using?
>> because 8.1.x doesn't report trigger execution times, and 8.2.x would use
>> a single bitmap index scan with an = ANY condition, not a BitmapOr.

> I have tried 8.1.0 and 8.1.3 for this query.

Checking the code, 8.1.x does report trigger times, so AndrewSN is
mistaken on that point.

However, it's also the case that 8.1 does have the suppress-the-trigger
logic for FKs, and it works fine for me in a simple test.  I'm using
8.1 branch tip, but there are no relevant changes since 8.1.0 as far
as I can see in the CVS logs.

What is that non-FK trigger shown in your results?

>    Trigger posts_tsvectorupdate: time=61.659 calls=5

Could it possibly be firing an extra update on the table?